- Cooking spray
- Cocoa powder
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (plus more if necessary)
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9″-x-13″
pan with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. Prepare chocolate cake mix
according to package directions and bake until a toothpick inserted in the
center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Poke cake all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. In a
small bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Pour
mixture into the holes.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat
butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat in heavy cream,
adding more by the tablespoon until consistency is creamy but can hold peaks.
- Spread frosting all over cake with an offset spatula and
sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site