- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup peeled & finely chopped apples about 2 small
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (the kind
with flour in it – like Baker’s Joy.)
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- Using a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric
mixer), mix together sugar and butter until smooth.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Finally, stir in flour and baking powder and milk. Mix until
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Cover batter with half the diced apples. Press the apples
down slightly into the batter.
- Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer.
- Top with remaining diced apples (again, pushing the apples
gently into the batter.)
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes (until a toothpick inserted
comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from baking pan.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here