- 6 flour tortillas, 8-inch size is ideal
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar + 2 tsp
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two large baking sheets
with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large
mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar, tossing until
- Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes
per side, flipping halfway through. Repeat if pieces don’t fit onto baking
sheet in one layer.
- Prepare chopped apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Then
mix with remaining 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter under medium heat. Add in
apple mixture and saute several minutes until soft and tender.
- On a large serving plate, place a layer of tortilla pieces
and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with
caramel sauce, pecans and whipped cream. Serve & enjoy!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE